The parish of Willerby lies either side of the A64 which links Malton with the coast, between the parishes of Ganton and Folkton. It includes the hamlets of Binnington and Staxton and the landmarks formed by Staxton Wold and Staxton Hill. Willerby lay in the Dickering wapentake of the East Riding until it was moved to the North Riding in the 1832 boundary changes. It is not to be confused with the Willerby which straddles the parishes of Cottingham and Kirk Ella in the Harthill wapentake.
Pickering residents of Willerby can be found in the following families:
Pickerings of Staxton